Week 9 // What Equips You?
God gives every believer the equipment necessary to bear fruit in His Kingdom in our journey to live like a tree. Trees communicate with each other in their ecosystem, and in the same way, we are meant to communicate as well. In the realm of public service, communication is crucial to our fruitfulness. But, in order for our communication to be good fruit, and not rotten, we must be privately healthy. Fruit is the purest and most direct public revelation of private health. The Bible clearly states, “Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.”
The book of Proverbs says, “Guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.” Why? Because our hearts store treasure with the purpose of sharing that treasure with others. That treasure becomes sweet fruit to the people we encounter, ultimately bringing glory to God.
Questions for Meditation:
- The tongue is your God-given equipment to reveal who you are and who God is. In the last week, what have been the dominant topics of your conversation with others?
- Good fruit is determined by its freshness, its taste, and its nutrition. Bad fruit is rotten, bitter, and unhealthy. How would you characterize the fruit of your mouth?
- Our public fruitfulness is determined by our ability to speak words of life, truth, and blessing over others. How can you be intentional with this in the coming week?
- Sometimes we can lack treasure or withhold treasure from our hearts. Why is this, and how can we change this?
- What are the treasures that God had placed in our heart to bless others?
- Why is it so important to start sharing that treasure now, and not to wait?