David Pursued God Alone & Got His Attention
As we launch the Pursue series, we begin a journey of witnessing David’s constant pursuit of God regardless of his circumstance or situation. Additionally we are able to see the deep insight that he gained from his pursuit of God in his writing in the Psalms.
For example, Psalm 119:97 says, “Oh, how I love you law! I meditate on it all day long.” We see the evidence of David’s love for God’s law lived out in his everyday life, starting with these week’s passage in 1 Samuel 16:1-13.
Questions for Meditation
- How did David pursue God in his everyday life?
- What was David’s perception of life? How did his perception impact his pursuit?
- What was the Kingdom movement taking place, and how did David align himself with it? How is God’s Kingdom moving now, and how can we align ourselves with it?
- What was it about David that drew God’s favor to him?
- Favor means that God will push you forward when no one else will. Why was God’s favor specifically on David? What is it about us that can draw God’s attention, recognition, and favor?
- What were the Kingdom resources that David was given, and why are those resources so important for us today?