If + Then = Direction
In the next passage of our “If + Then” series, we find that God tells us how to receive His direction. If we trust God above ourselves, then He promises to channel His power to bring about direction for our lives. As we trust Him, we find that trust is the most intimate of all His advice. We all have concerns regarding the future and the direction of our lives, but God assures us that if we trust in Him, He will order our guide us along the paths of our lives.
Questions for Meditation
- Proverbs 3:5 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart.” What does trusting God wholly really mean in the day-to-day events of our lives?
- Read James 1:5-8. How can we apply that to trusting God?
- The next piece of advice that Proverbs 3:5-6 says is “do not depend on your own understanding.” What is bad about our own understanding?
- What sources other than God do we depend and lean upon?
- Take a moment and reflect; what are some times you haven’t allowed God’s Word to overrule your thinking, and what was the result? Next, think about a time where you trusted God’s advice over your own. What resulted from that?
- The passage also instructs us to acknowledge and trust him “in all your ways.” Why is that sometimes we trust him with the big questions in life, but not the smaller concerns?