Devotional: Faith Prophesies
Our next passage of scripture in the Faith Series shows the prophetic nature between the generations of Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, and Moses. It shows us that our families should be filled with a powerful sense of the prophetic.
Whether a parent or not, we should highly regard the “parental level” of prophecy–speaking life-giving insight and encouragement over the next generation. The powerful thing about God’s Kingdom progression of prophecy is that this happens at the individual level, then in our communities, and has the potential to impact the nations.
Questions for Meditation
1. Perhaps you have taken an ancestry test or traced your family tree. What were the things that shaped you as grew up?
2. When you come into the Kingdom of God, you become a new branch in the ancestry of faith. How can that viewpoint alter the way that you see your spiritual legacy?
3. Who were the people of faith that came before you that influenced you?
4. Who are you called to influence in the next generations?
5. What are some of the competing forces trying to shape our children and our families?
6. What happens when we neglect the fact that faith should shape and impact our families?
7. How can the Lord use your life and your words in the weeks to come to shape the next generation?