Devotional: Palm Sunday
As we celebrate Palm Sunday, we’re reminded of Jesus’ triumphant entry. As the people yelled, “Hosanna!” they didn’t realize that Jesus came as a different kind of king. The nation of Israel looked for a king to save their nation, but Jesus came to offer salvation, the saving of our souls.
Ephesians 2:8-10 says, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.’
Questions for Meditation
- God comes as a gentle king, offering life to every heart. How and when did He appear to you?
- How has His grace overshadowed any shortcomings you’ve had in your life?
- Sometimes we look for help or a solution, but sometimes when God extends His grace to us, it doesn’t look as we expected. Why is His grace better than what we expect?
- In what ways are you asking for God’s gift of grace this week in your life?
- Faith trusts God for today and tomorrow. In what ways can you ask for God’s gift of grace for any area in your life today? And in what ways can He extend grace for your long-term future?