Devotional: Align With His Power
As we embark on a journey of learning how to align ourselves with the Spirit of God, we see that it is a three part journey: aligning with his power, heart and mind–and it all begins with power. So, what does it mean to align with God’s power?
In today’s message we received three practical ways to work out this alignment in our everyday lives. First, we must depend on God’s Spirit to open up pathways for us. Second, we must depend on Him to provide the resources necessary to walk in our calling. And third, we must have the faith and dependence to see that God’s power is essential to fulfilling His purposes. However, there is one major barrier to walking in Christ’s resurrection power–fear. Fear is the barrier that we need to renounce in order to experience alignment with God’s power.
Questions for Meditation
- Have you discerned the spiritual gifts that God has given you? If you have, how can you ‘fan them into flame?’ If you haven’t discerned your gifts, pray and ask God to reveal what they are.
- How do we align with the Holy Spirit’s power? Why is this the first alignment that needs to take place?
- What pathways has God opened up for you that you have faithfully walked through? What pathways has God opened that you’ve been afraid to walk through?
- How can we, as the body of Christ, help each other to align with God’s power and overcome the fear barrier?
- What’s the antidote to experiencing jealousy when we see the pathways that God has opened up for other people?
- To see God’s power pour out in your life, you need to be aware of his purposes for the church, the world, and yourself. What is God’s plan for the world? And what’s God’s unique mission for your life?