Devotional: Fellowship is in His LightWatch Video
In week two of our “Fellowship” series, we see some fundamental truths about God’s nature. God is light and in Him there is no darkness at all. What implications does this have for the fellowship of God’s people? We need to recognize that God’s light is the setting for our fellowship, and that God’s light empowers our fellowship.
Questions for Meditation
- Fellowship is our collective participation in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit that brings deep happiness. How has your fellowship recently grown?
- The Bible says, “God is light” (1 John 1:5) – what happens when we walk in sin and darkness? And why does this grieve the Holy Spirit?
- What’s the relationship between walking in the light and deep happiness? Why is this the case?
- When we love God, it manifests itself in a lifestyle that’s constantly moving closer to the light. In what area can you be walking more diligently toward Jesus this week?
- Walking in the transparency and honesty that the light reveals doesn’t mean that we wear our sin and shortcomings on our sleeves for the whole world to see, but it does mean that there are trusted brothers and sisters in Christ who we need to be able to share even the hardest realities with. Do you have friends like this? If yes, why are these friends so important? If no, what’s keeping you from developing these needed relationships?
- One of the most comforting truths in all the Scriptures is found at the tail end of 1 John 1:7. How will this great promise change the way you live this week?