Devotional: Fellowship is Blessed by the Blood
One of the richest blessings for those who know Jesus is that they have been purified and justified by His blood. In this week’s sermon we see that the blood justifies us, purifies us and unifies us.
Questions for Meditation
- As we wrap up the final sermon in the “Fellowship” series, reflect on times in the past month when you have experienced true fellowship with God and with His people.
- How does the blood of Jesus act as a powerful weapon against the schemes and accusations of the devil? (See Revelation 12:11)
- How many times does the apostle John repeat that we have been “purified” by Jesus in 1 John 1:1-10? What does this repetition tell us how vitally important this reality is?
- How does the deep knowledge of God’s forgiveness change everything about the way you live? How about the way you pray? How about the way you fellowship with others?
- How can we help each other to walk as people cleansed by Jesus’ blood?
- Have you ever sensed the Holy Spirit criticizing you? What role does fellowship play in counteracting that lie?
- Read Galatians 3:13. What sticks out regarding the power of the blood of Jesus?