Devotional: The Family of God is Powerful
As we conclude our Christmas series, The Family of God, and we reflect on Jesus’ family, we see that the family of God is powerful. It transcends human ability and has the potential to accomplish what we could no on our own.
Questions for Meditation
- What is available to the family and child of God that allows us to be powerful?
- In what way did Mary yield to the Holy Spirit? How did Jesus yield to the Holy Spirit?
- How is yielding counterintuitive to the ways that we usually live?
- Reflect on your own life – in what ways could God be instructing you to yield this week?
- What happens when we yield and allow the Holy Spirit to take charge? How is this seen in Mary’s life, and in Jesus’ life?
- In what physical ways can the Spirit take charge of your life this week?
- Are there any preferences in your life that don’t line up to how the Lord wants to take control of your life?
- How can your productivity and the perspective of your life be changed when you give control over to the Lord?