Devotional: You Feed Them
As Christians, we are called to minister to people. This call to minister is not just reserved for the “chosen few,” but rather for every single person who calls themselves a follower of Christ. Even though we are all called to minister, sometimes the needs in front of us loom too large in our minds for us to do anything about them. We feel too tired, too weak, or too poor to meet these needs. We think that someone else can deal with them.
However, this was not the mindset of Jesus. Jesus called his disciples, and us, to meet the needs around us with his resources, which never run out. There is always enough when God is in it.
Questions for Meditation:
- Why does Jesus say to his disciples “You feed them?”
- What are some needs that you see around you? How are you called to meet them?
- God calls us to bless the resources that he has given us, and not to stress about them. What are some lies that you are believing that are causing you to stress about needs rather than blessing the resources you have been given?
- God always has enough for you to fulfill needs that are in front of you, even if you feel like you don’t have enough. What are some times that you have seen this happen in your own life?
- Jesus took the bread that was given to him, broke it, blessed it, and distributed it among the people. What are some things that are in your hand to break and distribute for the needs you see around you?