Devotional: Reasons for Celebration (Palm Sunday)
Nobody else knew it at the time, but in Matthew 28, Jesus knew that his death was near. Yet, Jesus chose to celebrate the Passover with the people closest to him. For them, the Passover was a celebration of deliverance that was for the Jewish people at a specific, historical point in time. For us, though, knowing that the guilt of sin is washed over by the blood of Jesus in His ultimate sacrifice gives us even more meaning to celebrate. Our celebration is deeper and more personal because through what Christ did, we can be freed in our hearts and awe can be made sure of eternity.
Questions for Meditation
- When Jesus said, “this is my body” – what was the symbolism he was giving?
- What does the sacrifice of His body give us access to?
- What healing in your life can you ask and receive today, in light of His sacrifice?
- Think about the ways Jesus has cleansed you. Where would you be without the sacrifice of His blood?
- What acts of forgiveness have you extended, and what acts of forgiveness have you received, that have changed your life?
- Where is there still strife or need for forgiveness in your life? Claim God’s forgiveness, and take action on it today!