Devotional: Come + See (Resurrection Sunday)
At its essence, “come and see” is an invitation that Jesus makes to us – it’s an invitation to not just observe, but to have a first-hand, personal experience with Him. “Come and see” gives us an opportunity to participate and encounter the living God.
- Jesus’ rising from the dead is not a mystical or metaphorical event – it is a tangible, true reality. Why is it important for us to know that was factual?
- Jesus invites us to spend eternity with Him. Why is Jesus the only one who has the authority to extend this invitation?
- What does eternity look like with Jesus, or without Jesus? How do you know this?
- The Resurrection not only points us to the finished work of the cross, or to the eternal promise, but also to our current lives. What does the cross say about God’s plan for our lives in the present?
- The fact that Jesus died on the cross proves that your life has worth – what is the difference between a life that knows it has worth, and one who is unaware of that fact?
- Think about earthly invitations you’ve received before – perhaps to a special event, or with a group of people, or to a celebration. What was unique about those invitations? Think about who invited you, and what the impact on your life was if you accepted or declined the invitation. What is the significant of the invitation that Jesus grants you?