Devotional: Jesus on the Move
Each of the Gospel narratives have unique attributes to them, and the Gospel of Mark is fast-paced, revealing Jesus as the Servant King, on the move, and making a difference. In chapter 3, we find Jesus on the move, which is consistent with who Jesus is today – He is on the move, and wanting to make a difference in our lives. And specifically in chapter 3, He is healing the sick and dealing with impure spirits.
Questions for Meditation
- What are the impure spirits that are found in Mark 3:20-27? What impure spirits do we encounter with in our world?
- How can we counteract those influences and be discerning of the way they might impact us?
- How, and why, does Jesus declare that division doesn’t work?
- Division is a tactic of the enemy that he uses to try to hinder us; is there any division in your life? In your heart, in your relationships? If so, how can you bring peace to that today?
- Who is the “strongman” and how is he dealt with in this chapter?
- How can Jesus help you deal with the “strongman” in your life this week?