Devotional: The Amazing Power of a Woman
The Bible and Christianity has always honored and elevated women, because it recognized the incredible power that they wield. Women are God’s builders in this world. Women consistently make new things by combining different materials and parts, just like a builder. They do this in our homes, in our workplaces, in our churches; in our society as a whole. When a woman builds her family, she is building the city; as she builds the city, she builds a nation; and as she builds the nation, she is building the Kingdom.
Questions for Meditation
- One of the ways that women build is through influence. What does influence mean, and what is the difference between influence and authority?
- In what ways have you been influenced by a woman in your life? If you’re a woman, think about the spheres of influence you have; how can you grow in developing a Godly influence?
- Women build through relationships, and the greatest times of building often come when women are able to love despite hardship and difficulty. When is a time where you’ve seen someone love in spite of hardship or difficulty, and what is powerful about that?
- How can you grow this week in your capacity to love others and build fruitful relationships?
- Jesus was a servant leader, and women lead through service as well; it is their service that makes the world better. Why is it so important to be a selfless leader, to lead others into greatness?
- Think about somebody who led you into greatness through servant leadership; what made them unique? What did they see in you? What could have happened if they did not serve you in that way?
- Think about the women in your life who have influenced you, built relationships with you, and served you into greatness. Pray for them, thank them today, and pray that you would continue to grow the spiritual seeds that were planted in you.