Devotional: Vibes Of The Spirit
The Bible says that, “as water reflects the face, so one’s life reflects the heart” (Prov. 27:19, NIV). In other words, human beings have a “vibe” that they carry with them wherever they go. The world that we find ourselves in today has emphasized on what is going on all around us, with good reason. However, our vibe is less about what is going on around us and more about what is coming out of us. And for the Christian, we want the Spirit coming out of us, not the flesh.
Questions for Meditation
- What is a “vibe?” Why is it important for us to take stock of our own vibe?
- What is the difference between the flesh and the Spirit? Which one is growing in you more noticeably? What kind of person can you be to the people around you as the Spirit grows more fruit in your life?
- How is it possible to separate your opinions from your ability to love another person? What does this have to do with the difference between the flesh and the Spirit?
- What are the characteristics of the vibes of the flesh?
- What are the different “types” of the flesh? Which ones do you most often give in to? How can you invite the Holy Spirit into these areas?
- What are the characteristics of the vibes of the Spirit? Which ones do you see most characteristic of the Spirit’s work in your life? Which fruit would you like more of?
- What are the unique ways that the Holy Spirit is able to bring about fruit in our lives?