Devotional: The Vibe of Peace
Like the previous two vibes of the Spirit, the peace that the Holy Spirit offers to us is an offer that is available in spite of the world we find ourselves in. It is quite easy to find reasons to have fear and anxiety, or a lack of peace. Fear over the coronavirus. Fear over racial injustice. Fear over the upcoming election. Fear over finances and making ends meet. Fear over isolation during social distancing. Fear over a whole number of other things.
However, the peace of the Holy Spirit is able to transcend all of the fears we may have and give us the rest that our souls yearn for in these days. We serve the God whose yoke is easy, and whose burden is light (Matt. 11:29-30). He promises a peace which surpasses all understanding, and a rest that penetrates deeper into the human spirit than any worry or fear that this world evokes in us could. Break agreement with the lies and false narratives that cause division in your heart, cast all your cares on God, and receive the peace that he offers to you by your Spirit.
Questions for Meditation:
- What is Peace? What makes the peace of God different from other forms of peace?
- What is the Vibe of Peace?
- What is the result of a lack of peace?
- A 2006 study found that 92% of the things that we typically worry about are either out of our control or will never happen. Why do we worry about these things? What are some things you worry about that fall into the category of “out of my control” or “will never happen”? What would it look like to give those worries over to God?
- What does it mean for peace to be released to us? What does peace release us from?
- What does it mean for peace to rule us? What would it look like for peace to rule your life, in your relationships, habits, etc.?
- What are some things that are troubling you today, preventing you from accepting the peace that the Holy Spirit offers? What would it look like to release these troubles to God?