Devotional: The Vibe of Patience
In an age full of distraction and instant gratification, patience may seem like an impossible feat. There are so many things that try our patience on a daily basis, such as events, people, and even our walk with God. It it easy to think that patience is a roadblock to getting things done, to satisfying an appetite, or to living life.
But in a world where there seems to be no point for patience, the Word of God says otherwise. Why? Because there are some things that cannot happen, or goods that cannot be attained, but through patience. Patience helps us to lay aside cheap substitutes and grasp the real thing. Patience, as given to us by the Holy Spirit, allows us to grasp the best for our lives, and grasp God himself more fully.
Questions for Meditation:
- What is patience? What is the opposite of patience?
- What does the vibe of patience say?
- What are the three things that patience waits for?
- What would it look like for you to wait for God’s best?
- What does it mean to wait for God to make things right? What would it mean to
- What are the four types of grumbling? Which one(s) do you resort to most?
- What are some things that are causing you to be impatient? What would it mean to let the Spirit bring about patience in these things? What would it look like to give our suffering to Jesus?