Devotional: The Vibe of Kindness
Paul once exhorted the church in Ephesus by telling them to “be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you” (Eph. 4:32). God’s kindness towards us in Jesus Christ is a kindness that not only works in us; it is meant to emanate out of us to those who are in our circle of influence.
Originating from God himself, and modeled in David’s actions towards Mephibosheth, the vibe of kindness is crucial to fulfilling the call of God on each of our lives. As God has shown each of us his kindness through Jesus Christ, so we must show all of our neighbors this kindness. We must let the Spirit bind the kindness of God to our hearts, that he may give it to others through us.
Questions for Meditation
- What is kindness? What is its opposite?
- What is the vibe of kindness?
- Why is David’s kindness towards Mephibosheth so profound? What would it look like for you to replicate this kindness in your own life?
- How does the kindness of God towards us affect the way that we show kindness to others?
- Why is kindness so contagious? How can you spread kindness that is contagious in your circle of influence?
- Why does kindness cause us to look outside of ourselves?
- What is preventing you from showing (and receiving) kindness today?