Devotional: It’s Just a Test
Part of God’s process of becoming for us is enduring tests and trials. As we see in Proverbs, gold is tested, and silver is tested, just like our hearts. Everything of real value gets tested for authenticity. And then, once the value is proven, there is a reward waiting. We even see this in the process of life – whether it be a driver’s test, educational tests, professional tests – we are tested, approved, and celebrated. The same is true in our Christian walk. While we may go through trials, walk through fire, and endure hardship and tests, Jesus is not only with us, He is shielding us with His power and rewarding us with His commendation.
Questions for Meditation
- Why are we tested? What is the spiritual value of testing?
- What’s a test that you have been in recently? What was the perspective that you had while in the test? Did that perspective change at all throughout the process of testing?
- What is the promise that God gives us with our testing?
- What is the reward God gives us as a result of the testing? What happens after the test?
- What can we do stay faithful through the test?