Devotional: Purifying the Place of Worship
Regardless of what any of us expected this year to bring, 2020 has been far outside of anyone’s expectations. Challenges, hardships, and having to adapt and pivot on a consistent basis has been the norm. But, what if instead of looking at all the unfortunate events it may have brought, we looked at it as God’s way of disrupting what we thought was normal so that we can be purified in worship? Sometimes God disrupts things as a way of cleaning and refocusing. With that perspective in mind, we can draw nearer, get closer, and receive more from our Heavenly Father.
Questions for Meditation
- What is the difference between communion and transaction? How does this impact our relationship with God?
- Think about your own life – in what areas have you approached God transactionally? How can you make the shift to communion?
- In what ways do we avoid problems instead of allowing God to fix them?
- What is the root problem of us avoiding these problems? And what is the long term effect of doing so?
- In what ways does God disrupt our comfort and convenience? Why is this difficult for us, but why is ultimately for our good?