Devotional: Vibe of Goodness
In a world where justice is distorted, morality is ignored, and the compromise of character abounds, conviction is the issue of the hour. The state of injustice, immorality and compromise that we find ourselves in is nothing new in a world in bondage to sin. However, this does not take away from the force that the sinful state of our world carries in our everyday lives, and it may seem hopeless to work against it.
Only a superior and opposite force could possibly engage the sin of our day head-on. In the Holy Spirit, we as Christians have access to such a force. Through the goodness of God, wrought in our hearts by the Spirit, we have access to the courage and the conviction that allows us to understand God’s truth, and stand for it. And this goodness is contagious. Not only will we be able to embrace the truth and goodness of God for ourselves through the Spirit; our circle of influence will as well.
Questions for Meditation
- What is goodness? What are it’s opposites?
- What is the vibe of goodness?
- How is goodness like a greenhouse? What would it look like to cultivate that greenhouse?
- Why is it important to have kindness AND goodness?
- Why does the absence of goodness “leave doors open?” Are there any doors that you have left open that should be closed?
- Is there any “toxic waste” that has slowly entered our lives? What would it look like to have the Holy Spirit expel this waste?
- What would it look like to have truth as a guide to our relationships?