Devotional: Take To Heart – He’s Taking Over
As our nation anticipates the results of a new election, it is important to be reminded of the fact that the Bible declares that “The world has now become the Kingdom of our Lord and of Christ, and he will reign forever and ever.” In other words, Jesus is in control, He is taking over, and all the Kingdoms of this earth eventually will answer to Him. This gives us solace when we look at the turmoil throughout the earth, but also as we experience turmoil in our personal lives. This perspective, while so vital to our walk as Christians, can be easy to lose sight of.
Questions for Meditation
- Why is it too easy at times to lose the spiritual perspective that Jesus is taking over? What tells us otherwise, and why are those things wrong?
- What was the significance of Satan’s temptation of Jesus in Luke 4:5-8?
- What is encouraging about knowing that God patiently waits?
- How have you experienced God’s patience in your life, and how does that change the perspective you might have on something in your life today?
- What is the significance of God acting in power? What are some of the ways in which He says He will act?
- Read Isaiah 8:11-13. What is its significance, and how is it especially relevant today?
- In Revelation 17:14 it refers to those who follow Jesus as three things. What are they, and what can they lead you to take to heart this week?