Devotional: Take To Heart – He’s Coming Soon
In the last message of our Take to Heart series, we land upon one of the most overlooked but important things to take to our hearts – that He is coming soon. The scene in Revelation 22 is a marvelous description of what we get to look forward to for eternity as believers. Oftentimes the antidote to troubled times and difficult circumstances is the Blessed Hope – our faith in the power of God’s prophetic promises. It allows us to live with hope in light of our todays being based upon His promised tomorrows. As Randy Alcorn said in his book Heaven, “If you read history, you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were just those who thought most of the next.”
Question for Meditation
- Revelation 22 speaks to the healing of the nations in heaven. What will look different as opposed to how the world looks now?
- In what ways does the world need healing? In what ways in your immediate relationships can you hope for healing?
- How will heaven be marked by joy and celebration? What is the significance of this?
- What is the impact of receiving that truth for today? How can that change the way you live, the way you see God, and the way you receive from God?
- What is the significance in understanding that heaven will be marked by light and truth? How can that change the way we see things on earth?
- In light of these insights from Revelation 22 and what heaven will be like, what can you do this week to invite heaven on earth?