Devotional: Light Is Life
The Christmas season is the time to celebrate the birth of our Savior – when God’s Son left heaven and came to us. And with Him coming to Earth, He brought the Light of the World. John 1:3-5 says, “ Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.  In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.  The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” We know that natural light impacts our world, and spiritual light does the same for us. The sun is the creator of all life, the source of all energy on earth, and the parent of all the solar system. In the same way, through light, Jesus came to give spiritual life. All life comes from Him, all life is energized by Him, and all life is resourced by Him.
Questions For Meditation
- How does the light of Jesus give us His life-giving energy?
- In what ways does God’s life-giving energy enables us to experience Him and from from Him?
- As God gives life, how does it reproduce in us?
- In what ways can God’s light and life reproduce in you this week in ways that haven’t recently?
- Are you receiving the life from God’s light today? In what ways have you recently, and in what ways have you not?
- How can you grow in receiving and living in the light of Christ this week?