Devotional: Financial Faith
Sometimes we may not realize it, but the Bible has a lot to say about money and finances. In fact, the Bible has more verses about money than faith and prayer combined. 15% of Jesus’ words (more than any other topic) were about money. And while the topic might make us uncomfortable at times, it’s probably a good idea to listen when God wants to talk about something. What God says about finances is that faith makes all the difference in our finances. It is what pleases God, and it’s what draws the power of God. We see the difference faith makes in our relationships, in our health, and in so many other areas of our lives, and the same goes for the area of our finances. Faith is often the missing ingredient.
Questions For Meditation
- Why is it important to know God’s plan for our money? If not, what can happen?
- What does God promise will happen when we’re generous with our finances, and what does he warn will happen when we’re not?
- How has God demonstrated His generosity toward us?
- What does it look like to honor God with our finances?
- Is there anything stopping you from honoring God with your finances?
- What kind of treasures does God tell us to store up? And why? Are you storing up treasure in Heaven?