Becoming is not only something that happens in nature and humanity, but more than anything, is a spiritual reality. As a member of the Kingdom of God, you are in a process of becoming. The beautiful promise is that when we choose the journey of becoming, God is the one who gives us the power to become. Our becoming journey is not something we do alone – God is with us! It is a continual action on God’s part to grow and mature us.
Questions For Meditation
- What does becoming mean to you? What are you becoming, and what is God doing in the process?
- What are some ways God has helped you spiritually grow?
- Are there any missing elements to your growth that God is telling you to incorporate into your life?
- What are some key moments of growth you’ve had in your past, and what can you learn from them?
- What is the difference between growth and maturity?
- How can God continue to use your life, but in greater ways, as you continue to mature?
- Identify an area of maturity in your life – how can you submit to God’s process of becoming in that area, and how will your life look different as you mature?