Devotional: Becoming As We Pursue
Becoming takes place as we pursue God because seeking God first is primary to our entire walk with God. For the Christian, all becoming flows out of our pursuit of God; without this, nothing else falls into place.
Questions For Meditation
- We’re meant to pursue God for fellowship first, but what are some of the other motivations we use in pursuit of God?
- What happens to us when we start to spend time with God and fellowship with Him?
- What happens when we don’t spend time with God? Are there any times when you’ve allowed someone or something else to shepherd you? What was the impact of that?
- There’s a difference between saying, “God, tell me your plans,” and us telling God our plans. What happens when we make that shift, and how does that shift take place?
- What are the different ways God guides us? In your life, how has God guided you?
- Where do you need guidance today? How can you spend fellowship with Him today? Identify some ways you can seek both this week.