Devotional: Becoming As We Remain In God’s Love
Long, long ago, before time began, there was a perfect relationship, full of joy and satisfaction and glory. This perfect union was between God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Yet, the Father chose to share His joy by bringing us into it! And although we sometimes wander, He gives us the opportunity to RECEIVE and REMAIN in His perfect love!
Questions For Meditation
- Why is it important to receive God’s perfect love? What does God’s perfect love do?
- What does it mean to remain in God’s love? How can you remain in God’s love this week?
- In these 5 short verses, Jesus tells us to “remain” no less than 9 times. Why would Jesus have to say this over and over again?
- “Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it. Prone to leave the God I love”. When do you feel most prone to wander away from the vine? Where does the vine go when you wander?
- What does it take to remain in God’s love? What stops you from remaining in God’s love?
- Psalm 1 says we are “like a tree” planted firmly by the living water, that is Jesus. Here, Jesus is the vine and we are the branches that bear much fruit (v5). So, how do we bear fruit? What fruit has God given you to share with others?