Devotional: Becoming As We Serve Others Into Greatness PT 2
When you sit at the table, God says you are worthy. Serving someone is prophetic because you are deeming them worthy and fit of sitting at the King’s table, even if they don’t see themselves worthy. In Luke 22:27, Jesus says that our core calling is to live lives of radical generosity and extreme kindness so we can restore people to their proper place by serving them. When we serve someone into greatness, we are putting them in the place of honor where the God of the universe waits on them.
Questions For Meditation
- God places you as the guest of honor at a table where everything was prepared and brought right in front of you. What is so great about sitting at that table?
- Psalm 23 says He prepares a table and Jesus said He is the One who serves. When you think about sitting at God’s table, how did you get to the table? Who prepared it? Who is serving you?
- When our situations are dark, God prepares a table. Were there times you couldn’t see the table or felt unworthy to sit at the table?
- How did God restore you to your proper place of honor? How did He show his radical generosity towards you? How did He show his extreme kindness?
- What does it mean for your cup to run over?
- How can you serve others into their proper place of honor and greatness?
- Our world screams for righteousness and justice. How does Jesus tell us to restore righteousness and justice in our world? How can we deem them worthy?