Devotional: Jesus Will Build His Kingdom
What are you building your life on? In Matthew 16:13-18, Peter testified that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the living God. Peter realized that Jesus has complete lordship and anointed dominion over all things. Jesus is the focal point. Focal point is defined as the center of activity, interest, and attention. It is the point at which all elements converge. As soon as Peter puts Jesus at the center of his activity, interest and attention, Jesus does something outstanding. He starts to build. He makes everything converge. He took a few rough pebbles – a businesswoman, a demonized slave girl, and a pagan city employee – and turned them into strong rocks that He used to build His Church. When we make Jesus the focal point, He makes everything in our lives converge on him. And He, Himself builds our lives and His church through us.
Questions For Meditation
- What things have you built your life on outside of Christ?
- Have any of those things saved you from suffering? Have they crumbled?
- Peter admitted Jesus is the Messiah because it was revealed to him. Who do you say Jesus is? How was it revealed to you?
- Jesus builds on the Rock. He Himself is the Rock. What does this mean for your life; for your security; for your future?
- Jesus builds through us in unique and ordinary ways. What assignments has Christ given you? Where has He called you to work? Who has He called you to serve?
- What are ways you can make Christ the focal point in putting Christ at the center of your activity, interest, and attention?