Devotional: Better Together
In Mark 5, we find a story that not only shows Jesus as a servant, but how he responded to others who were ready to serve and had hearts full of faith. As the story unfolds we see something that we also are able to witness when we look at the world around us, and at God’s Church: that great transformation, great connection, and great revelation of our purpose unfolds when we serve others into greatness.
Questions For Meditation
- What happens when we seek to add value to others?
- Think of your own life – who is somebody who consistently adds value to your life? How can you do that for others?
- Why is it important in this story that these servants, in whom Jesus recognized their faith, were nameless? How does that parallel to some of the great servants you might know in your life? How can we be like that?
- What happens when collective faith is present?
- What are some of the ways we can take part in collective faith?
- What happens when collective labor is present?
- After listening to the message, whose parachute can you pack? What rope can you hold?
- Why is it important to not only invest in these areas immediately this week, but consistently in the future?