Devotional: A Mother’s Faith
You cannot top the life God has planned for you. Yet circumstances tempt us to lose faith and lose sight of God’s deliverance. In those times, we need someone who will pray faith into us and over us because they see what we cannot see. In Moses’ case, his faithful mother stubbornly resisted the darkness at the risk of putting herself in danger. Faith stubbornly resists the darkness and anything that stands against God’s will. With a single act of faith, she released her son to God, and God raised him up to deliver God’s people out of slavery towards the promised land.
Questions For Meditation
- Faith sees. What promises from God or from his Word are you holding onto for you or your loved ones?
- What fears, opposition, or darkness do you face?
- Faith stubbornly resists. What darkness is God calling you to resist by faith? What dangers will you encounter?
- Real faith only knows one way forward – trusting God. What other human solutions have you contemplated instead of resisting by faith and trusting God?
- Faith releases so that God can work. What, or who, is God calling you to release to Him, completely trusting Him?
- What practical steps can you take to see with eyes of faith, to stubbornly resist the darkness, and to release to God in faith?