Devotional: The Called Believe
When reading 1 Samuel 14 and the account of Saul’s son, Jonathan, it sticks out that even though Saul had his share of flaws, his son carried on a legacy of faith that. That faith was exhibited in a simple way in this passage – he simply believed that there might be more than what seemed physically evident in the moment.
Questions For Meditation
- Think about what it simply means to believe. In what ways has belief been stifled in your life, or where can it grow?
- Think about a breakthrough that has happened in your life. What was the first step that launched that breakthrough?
- Now, reflect on your life in the present. What is a first step God is asking you to take?
- What was Jonathan confronting in this passage, and why was his belief so integral to the confrontation?
- What is something that you need to confront in your life?
- What is the difference between confronting something in the flesh and facing it in faith?