Devotional: Little by Little
We all long to grow in various areas of our lives. We all pray for certain miracles from God. But some miracles happen little by little and in ways we never expect. That’s what Jesus shows us in Mark 8:22-26 when He heals the blind man. Jesus shows us that these “little-by-little” miracles bring us the right spiritual vision and bring us into the right environment where the greatest miracle of all can happen in our hearts.
Questions for Meditation
- Where did you expect to be by now in your spiritual life, professional life, ministry life, family life, etc.? What was your definition of progress?
- What was your definition of miracles? What do you use to measure whether God is working or not?
- Read Mark 8:22. What did the people beg Jesus to do? Did you expect Jesus to do what He did? What have you begged God for? Did you expect God to work in a certain way? If you do not see it happening in the way you expect, does it mean God is not working?
- Read Mark 8:24. Did the blind man see perfectly right away? Who was the blind man next to even though he could not see perfectly right away? Who touched the blind man again to make him see perfectly? What does this say about seeing with spiritual eyes despite what is happening around us?
- Read Mark 8:26. Where did Jesus send the blind man after healing him? Why would Jesus send him into solitude at “home” and away from the busyness of the “village”? Have you sought environments where you can hear from God about what is in your own heart and everything you are asking from Him?
- Before the miracle can reach the village, Jesus pointed the blind man towards “home”, towards the inside. Where does the greatest miracle of all take place? Where is your heart’s home?
- Jesus restored the blind man’s sight by pouring something out of Himself onto the blind man’s eyes. Does this remind you of anything? What did Jesus pour out in order to restore you? Will you submit to His cleansing from sin and restoring your life little by little even if it’s not in ways you expect?