Devotional: We Are the Champions
The story of Moses fighting the Amalekites is unique in a few ways. For one, God reveals a fresh name and character trait about himself. But we also learn something about Moses. He fought, but in a different than we think of fighting. His fight was spiritual. And it was a lot like we experience today. Our most significant fights are spiritual, and Moses shows us how to fight them.
Questions for Meditation
- God is known by many names in the Old Testament. What’s the significant of Jehovah Nissi?
- What does our participation in the plan of God bring about in us?
- What is the significance of the way this battle was fought against the Amalekites?
- What are some Amalekites you have in your life?
- How can you gain victory in your life by fighting the way Moses did?