Devotional: Time to Run
In Hebrews 12, we find the New Testament author describing the life of faith as a run of endurance. Whether or not you’re a runner physically, we are called to be runners spiritually. Runners of the race that God has set for us. It is through the running of that race that we find His will, live out His call, and experience fulfillment in our lives.
Questions for Meditation
- What does the author of Hebrews tells us to rid ourselves of when running?
- Why is it necessary to purge when we’re running our race?
- What are some things God is telling you to purge and release? What do you think will happen when you do?
- What kinds of things do you believe you are making room for as you purge and clear space? Write them down, and pray that God would grow those desires into fulfillment.
- Why is direction so important in our faith lives? What happens when we’re misdirected, and how do we wind up there sometimes?
- How’s your direction now? What is the antidote to a misdirected life?