Devotional: Understanding Jesus
All of life is centered around us having a proper understanding of the things around us. Think about it – misunderstandings can lead to costly mistakes, lost time, confusion, and despair. That is why understanding Jesus is so important. When we understand Jesus, we understand true connection with Him and we understand true communion with Him. John 15 is an intimate time between Jesus and His disciples, and it is meant as an intimate exchange between Jesus and us as well. He’s letting us in to a deeper place to experience a deeper connection and relationship with Him.
Questions for Meditation
- What is the difference between viewing Jesus as a fueling station and viewing Him as a vine?
- What does it mean to remain in Jesus?
- What is the impact that staying connected to the vine has on our lives?
- Verse 2 discusses pruning. What is pruning?
- How has Jesus pruned you before? How is he perhaps trying to prune you today?
- What happens when we run from the pruning of God?