Devotional: Launching Faith
In 1 Samuel 22, we find a story about David, who is on the run from Saul. Seeking safety, David hides in a cave, unsure of what God would do next. But it is David’s faith, a faith that expected God to launch him into something new, that would bring about the next chapter of David’s adventurous life.
Questions for Meditation
- What does divine addition mean, and how did David experience it?
- What happens if we don’t expect addition from God? How will we see the world around us?
- What is God adding in your life?
- Why is divine submission so important? How did David honor the things God gave him?
- What are the areas in your life you’re supposed to be submissive in, and how can you practice that?
- What is the leading that you need from God? Pray, and believe that guidance from Heaven is the privilege of every child of God.