Devotional: Enjoying the Father’s Love
In the story of what we commonly label ‘The Prodigal Son,’ we see two sons and a father. The sons don’t realize the value of the father’s love and the father’s house. Early on in Jesus’ life, he said, “Did you not know that I must be in my Father’s house?” so it’s no surprise that he is teaching His disciples about the importance of receiving the Father’s love.
Questions for Meditation
- What happens when we don’t enjoy the riches of the father’s love?
- What are some of the other places we look for love (or at least, how you have) when we stray from the Father’s love?
- How did the younger son neglect the Father’s love, and what happened as a result?
- How did the older son neglect the Father’s love, and what happened as a result?
- What was the significance of the Father receiving the younger son back into his home?
- What are the lesser loves you need to renounce to fully enjoy the Father’s love?