Devotional: You Are Born For This
1 Samuel 16 finds Samuel looking for a king to anoint. As he visits Jesse’s home, Jesse presents all of his sons to Samuel, except one. While David’s father brothers forgot him, Samuel eventually anointed David king. Even though we may feel forgotten by those around us on earth at times, God knows exactly who we are, where we are, what we’re facing, and what He wants us to do in life.
Questions for Meditation
- What did David do after being anointed? Why was this strange?
- What voices did David continue to hear even after being anointed?
- What voices are you supposed to shut off this week? How can that help you live in victory?
- In what way was David’s identity questioned?
- What is your identity in Jesus? Has that ever been questioned by anybody?
- David did extraordinary things for God, but he was just a human, like you and I. What made David special, and what can we learn from him?