Devotional: Power to Dwell
Paul’s letter to the Ephesians is an exhortation of ideal Christianity. The church in Ephesus was highly esteemed for their way of life, so Paul wanted to not only use them as an example, but call them to an even higher level of living. And within that exhortation, Paul talks about power that is available to every Christian, but that sometimes goes unsecured. They are aspects of our faith that we have the authority to claim, but we often live below our spiritual means.
Questions for Meditation
- What is the type of “dwelling” that Christ takes in our hearts?
- How does His Power impact our inner man, our will?
- What are the types of barriers His power breaks in us?
- What are the specific barriers the Spirit can help you to break so that you can live with Christ feeling at home in your heart?
- Why would Jesus not feel at home in our hearts sometimes?
- Are there any lifestyle changes you feel God is calling you to make?