Devotional: Power to Grasp
Love is the ultimate need of every person and situation and the source of all that is good. The lack of love is the precursor and motivation of all strife, division, and trouble in our world. And as 1 John says, “God is love.” All love originates from Him and disseminates through Him. It is when we grasp His immense love for us that we can then walk in and express love in our own lives. But the grasping makes all the difference. It means to not only understand from a distance or in knowledge, but to take hold of it and claim it as our own personal possession.
Questions for Meditation
- What does it mean to absorb the love of God?
- Why do we get cold to the love of God sometimes?
- What happens when we don’t absorb the love of God? How can we eliminate malabsorption?
- How did Jesus exemplify the power to embrace others with the love of God?
- Who are we supposed to embrace with the love of God?
- How can you walk in love with this week? How can you absorb the fullness of His love and embrace others with His love in new ways this week?