Devotional: Pray for Godliness
As we continue the Pray for It series, we continue to see that much of our intimate, prayer lives with God has to do with our hearts and letting God work on the inside of us before on the outside. As we read 2 Peter 1:3-4, we see that we are called to be godly, to be like God. To accept and assume His ways and His word. But the good news is that all of God’s promises are gifts – and they are gifts to help us live godly lives and to bring glory to Him in every way.
Questions for Meditation
- How does God elevate our walk with Him through His promises?
- Think about a promise you have received. How did it change the way you walked with God?
- Read 2 Peter 1:5-7. What are the promises God gives us, and what do they lead to?
- What is corruption?
- How do our hearts get corrupt?
- How can God’s promises keep you from corruption? Is there anything you need to be delivered from today?