Devotional: Pray for Prosperity
When we hear the word “prosperity,” we are often first drawn to material blessings, to finances, to the striving for wealth. However, the biblical, and especially, New Testament definition is holistic in nature. It is the blessings of fruitfulness and progress. All of the biblical characters – Joseph, David, Paul – they all prospered even in the midst of difficulty, attack, or opposition. We can have that same blessing of prosperity too.
Questions for Meditation
- What is your view of prosperity? What is God’s view?
- In what ways do people strive for worldly success and prosperity instead of depending on God for it?
- How do our prayers align with biblical prosperity?
- What does it mean for us to operate as stewards, and not as owners?
- How do we value God’s seed when it comes to our finances?
- David prayed for prosperity for himself and for his people. He taught us how to pray God’s promises. Pray for prosperity for yourself, and for your stewardships. How can you believe God in a new way for prosperity and fruitfulness?