Devotional: Pray for Protection
David finished praying for Jerusalem by praying for its protection. David was praying for the people’s protection of who he was leading and serving, he was praying for the city to be protected, and he was praying for his protection. Protection from what? From evil. It’s just as Jesus taught His disciples to pray: “Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”
Questions for Meditation
- Why do we pray to be delivered from the Prince and the Principles of darkness?
- How do we protect our hearts from temptation?
- What are some things that the enemy tries to tempt you with?
- What are the walls of protection God has put up in your life?
- What happens when we stray from the walls and don’t cooperate with God’s protection? How has this played out in your life?
- Why is the protection of the heart the most important part of God’s protection?