Devotional: When God Draws Near
In Numbers 6:22-27, we see the Israelites receive God’s blessing. It was a blessing that God was giving to them and their future generations. It was a promise of presence, of protection, and of spiritual prosperity. But it was also an invitation to draw near to God: humbly but boldly. God dwells with the humble, but He knows the proud from afar. It’s not only about knowing God – but being close.
Questions for Meditation
- One of the greatest privileges we have is being close to God. How can you continue to draw near to God as He draws near to you?
- C.S. Lewis said, “God conquers us with His love.” How has He conquered you with His love? How has He displayed His love to you?
- The blessing, in the Hebrew language, intimates a king, getting off of His throne, approaching the subject, and bowing at them. How does this make you see God’s love for us?
- Think about the imagery of God “keeping” His children. How has God kept you? How can you continue to pray for that protection in the future?
- Is there anything stopping you from getting closer to God?