Devotional: Home is A Person
We all know that home affects everything. It’s something we are aware of at a young age and often arrange much of our lives around it. But as followers of Christ, our home is not in four-walls, it is not dependent on location, or the size of our property. Our home is a person.
Jesus is our true home because he provides us with the love, acceptance, and sense of belonging that we all desire. We all have a deep need to be part of a community and to feel loved unconditionally. This need is often referred to as the “God-shaped hole” in our hearts. Jesus is our true home because he provides us with the love, acceptance, and sense of belonging that we all desire. Through his death and resurrection, he has made it possible for us to have a personal relationship with God and to have eternal life with him. He also provides us with a sense of community and belonging as part of his body of believers. May we all strive to follow Jesus and to make him our true home.
Questions for Meditation
- How can knowing that Jesus is our home help us in times of uncertainty or fear?
- How can we invite Jesus to make his home with us on a daily basis?
- In what ways can we rest in Jesus and trust him to be our foundation and guide?
- How can we show love for Jesus and keep his word in our daily lives?
- In what ways can we trust that Jesus will never leave us or forsake us?
- How can understanding that Jesus is our home impact the way we live our lives and make decisions?