Devotional: Value the New
In our daily lives, we often get caught up in routine and familiarity. We fall into patterns of thought and behavior that can limit our growth and restrict our relationship with God. However, God is always at work in our lives, constantly shaping and molding us into the people He desires us to be. And part of this process involves bringing new awareness and new practices into our lives.
However, it’s not always easy to embrace the new awareness and new practices God brings into our lives. Our natural inclination is to cling to the familiar and resist change. But if we are truly committed to growing in our faith and deepening our relationship with God, we must be willing to embrace the new and let go of the old.
Questions for Meditation
- Can you think of a time when God brought a new practice into your life, and how did you respond to it?
- Why is it important to trust in God’s plan for our lives, even when it involves new awareness and new practices that may be uncomfortable?
- How can we cultivate an openness to change and a willingness to embrace new practices in our lives?
- How can we determine if a new insight or practice is truly from God, and not just our own desires or impulses?
- In what ways has embracing new awareness and new practices helped you grow in your faith and deepen your relationship with God?