Devotional: Revelation of the Resurrection
In John 20, we see that even though Jesus had repeatedly told His disciples that He would rise from the dead, they still did not understand the significance of His resurrection. They were confused and fearful, and it was only after Jesus appeared to them and showed them His scars that they began to truly comprehend what had happened. This serves as a reminder to us that sometimes we too may struggle to fully grasp the truth of God’s Word, but we can take comfort in the fact that the Holy Spirit is with us to guide us into all truth. As we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus, let us ask God to give us wisdom and understanding so that we may grow in our faith and knowledge of Him.
Questions for Meditation
- How does Jesus’ identification with us in His life and ministry demonstrate His love and compassion for us, and how can we respond to this love in our own lives?
- What does it mean for us that Jesus willingly sacrificed Himself on the cross, and how does this sacrifice reconcile us with God?
- How does Jesus’ victory over sin and death through His resurrection empower us to live a life of freedom and victory, and what does this look like in practical terms?
- In what ways can we grow in our understanding and appreciation of Jesus’ sacrifice on our behalf, and how can we keep this truth at the forefront of our minds?
- How can we rely on Jesus as our champion and defender in times of temptation and difficulty, and what does it mean to trust in His conquering power?