Devotional: Dysfunction Can’t Douse the Dream
Joseph’s life shows us our dysfunctional past or present circumstances don’t need to hold us back from pursuing our dreams. Despite being sold into slavery by his own brothers and being falsely accused and imprisoned, Joseph remained faithful to God and never lost sight of his dreams. He did not let the unfair actions of others or the negative events of his life stop him from pursuing God’s dream for his life. By embracing God’s “new” for our lives, we can forget what’s behind. By starving the old fields of our lives, we can begin by sowing seed into the new fields, trusting God to create a new future according to His Word, His promise, and His dream.
Questions for Meditation
- Why is it so important to sow the new fields in our lives?
- What do we have to get rid of in our lives?
- When are you prone to relocate things, instead of ridding yourself of them?
- What happens when we relocate instead of facing issues?
- What does it mean to accept the Word and focus on the dream?
- What can you do this week to sow seeds into accepting the dream?